Top 10 things to do when selling your home as Short Sale
2. Let your Lender(s) know that you’re considering selling your home as Short Sale.
3. Make sure the Short Sale process is understood by you and if you’re unclear, ask questions.
4. Hire an experienced Short Sale REALTOR® who closes Short Sales.
5. Understand Deficiency Balances and that the goal of any Short Sale is to be relieved of them.
6. Understand any Tax Implications with a Short Sale and how they could affect you.
7. Find out if you qualify for a HAFA Short Sale or the Traditional Short Sale.
8. Get your home ready to sell, as selling your home as a Short Sale isn’t any different than selling your home as a Traditional Sale; presentation is always key. A little bit of elbow grease to get your home clean really won’t cost you but can make all the difference to secure a Buyer for your home.
9. Know that The Mortgage Debt Relief Act of 2007 is set to expire Jan 2013 and what that means to you; get your home listed now for sale as a Short Sale now; don’t delay to see what happens in 2013.
10. Know that after a few short years you can be back to considering home ownership again.
So get on to your list of the Top 10 things to do when selling your home as Short Sale – you’ll be glad you did!